Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I know if my head gasket on my car need to be changed?

lack of heat. loss of coolant. excessive pressure in your cooling system. oil leak. there is a tester to check for exhaust gasses in the cooling system. There is a white residue around the exhaust flanges. excessive white smoke or steam coming out the exhaust. Some steam, especially at start up is normal.How do I know if my head gasket on my car need to be changed?
1. If you see oil comming from where the head connects to the block. 2. Drain you oil. If it looks normal then its good, if it is a white milky color then you need to change your head gasket.How do I know if my head gasket on my car need to be changed?
One thing is if you're getting water in your oil. Look at the oil on your dipstick, if it has some very light brown stuff, and bubbles on it, that's water.