Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Can anyone provide me with detailed instruction on how to change the head gaskets on a 94 Ranger/B3000 3.0L?

have diagnosed that my truck has a blown head gasket. My coolant has been disappearing and my exhaust is sweet smelling as well as tasting (although not like candy), there is also white steam coming out the tailpipe along with condensation. I just wanna know how to get the job done right while doing it myself, I'm teaching myself to fix my own vehicles and i have to replace my lifters at the same time. any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I purchased a weeks subscription for the Mitchell 1 online repair manual but it doesn't quite tell me everything I need to know. I believe i can tackle this job myself with the right advice.Can anyone provide me with detailed instruction on how to change the head gaskets on a 94 Ranger/B3000 3.0L?
Its is actually an easy engine to work on at least. Make sure you take the heads to a machine shop and have them inspect and resurface them. You can attempt to check it every way conceivable and think its fine only to find out after the head is back on that its warped. Get a subscription to All Data.You can get it for just your vehicle at a good price. I use all data at my shop, I find its much more detailed than Mitchell.Can anyone provide me with detailed instruction on how to change the head gaskets on a 94 Ranger/B3000 3.0L?
For less than $20, pick up a 'Haynes' manual from your favorite parts store.