Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I need to change the "head gasket" on my Niss. Max. 97', but NOT sure how to, anyone can help?

When ever i turn my car on (for most of the times) it blows out black smoke %26amp; it smells like it's burt. so i was told that i have to change my head gasket.I need to change the %26quot;head gasket%26quot; on my Niss. Max. 97%26039;, but NOT sure how to, anyone can help?
a head gasket job,will run in excess of $ 900.00.but if you are unsure pay the $75.00 diagnostic charge,it may not be a headgasket issue,it takes a skilled technician to perform this job and special tools and procedures.I need to change the %26quot;head gasket%26quot; on my Niss. Max. 97%26039;, but NOT sure how to, anyone can help?
First of all if you are not a very skilled mechanic get a good diagnosis of your car's problem....who told you it was a bad head gasket???? It might not be that.........if you do need a head gasket....call around to several repair shops....prices will be all over the place......generally stay away from dealers....they will be sky high priced for a repair like that.......get several estimates...it will be well worth your time and you can save a bundle on costs if you do..........if you are not a good mechanic do not attempt this repair on your own.......you will need a lot of tools to do it.I need to change the %26quot;head gasket%26quot; on my Niss. Max. 97%26039;, but NOT sure how to, anyone can help?
Are you sure it's a head gasket? Black smoke usually indicates a fuel overload. Sounds like you need a second opinion.