Saturday, November 20, 2010

How much should it cost to change the head gasket on a peogeut 306?

let me know if more details are required for a more accurate pricing.How much should it cost to change the head gasket on a peogeut 306?
damn a head gasket! first off i should say what did u do with ur car and how come it overheated?? i got a dodge neon with same problem. and it cost me something around $800 to $1000. but always remeber it depends on how advanced the problem is. some times it cost less and some times a lot more. and one more thing! peugeot is a european car and is worth much more than an american dodge! so there u go!!

it sounds that u live in europe somewhere. i dont know who much the labor work is out there if its high then it will cost u more then. i guess u can kinda work it out now eh?How much should it cost to change the head gasket on a peogeut 306?
a garage will ususally ask for around 150 quid to take the head off - as for the gasket - 50 quid so anything to far over 250 would be un reasonable, also, my prices are from a back street garage, but then again, i would take it there, id do it myselfHow much should it cost to change the head gasket on a peogeut 306?
The head gasket blew recently on my 1.6, 8 valve Astra. A local garage skimmed the head, replaced the gasket, timing belt, thermostat, engine oil, oil filter and coolant for 拢300 and this was a cheap price. A main dealer would have charged at least 拢600, so if I were you I would use 拢300 as a starting price for fixing your car make sure you get lots of quotes.



I could have changed the gasket myself but I don't have the facilities for skimming the head which nearly always needs doing.



Best of luck.
  • college students do wear
  • as level psychology podcats
  •