Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can anyone tell me how to change the head gaskets on my '98 grand am?

I can't get the belt off to remove some parts that are in the way. Any help?Can anyone tell me how to change the head gaskets on my %26039;98 grand am?
There is a bolt that goes through a round piece of pipe, yoou need to take this bolt out and the pipe will fall out. I juack up the passenger side and take off that wheel, then I take the plastic rivets out of the splash guard, your just need to take thhe forward ones out then you can pull the guard back enough to get a 15mm deep well socket on the nut, I say nut because it is actaually a nut on a stud, sometimes the nut and stud come out together at other times you need to take a wrench to the end of the stud. Anyway once you get the stud out the pipe will fall out, you may have to help it some. I use an impact wrench on the 15mm nut, that is the easiest. This is the only way to get the belt off though.Can anyone tell me how to change the head gaskets on my %26039;98 grand am?
sure you take it to a mechanicCan anyone tell me how to change the head gaskets on my %26039;98 grand am?
If you have to ask this question, you dont need to be going that deep into the engine. If you mess the timing up, or dont torque the head right, its over. Without knowledge of this, there are way too many things that can mess up. Call around, get estimates, and choose the one that you think is your best bet.
  • how long does it take to learn asp
  • cat
  •